HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 75g Coconut Oil
- 75g Palm Oil
- 150g Olive Oil
- 114g Distilled Water
- 42g Sodium Hydroxide
- 1 tsp green mica
- .2-1 Ounce EO/Fragrance
- 2 tsp dried rose petals
Soap Making Tools
Do not use soap making tools to make food.Have a dedicated set of supplies for making soap. Use stainless steel (never aluminum), heat-resistant plastic, and silicone.
- pyrex or stainless steel bowl
- whisk or stick blender
- one pound soap mold
Always protect yourself! Wear an apron, gloves, and goggles.You can also add to your protection by wearing a long-sleeved shirt, pants, and closed toe shoes.Always add lye to water andNEVER the other way around.A severe chemical reaction can occur if water is added to lye. If lye or fresh soap comes in contact with your skin or eyes, rinse immediately with cool water for several minutes and seek medical attention if necessary.
- Slowly add the lye to your distilled water and gently stir until the lye has fully dissolved. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Melt your palm and coconut oil in a microwave safe container on 30 second bursts.
- When the oils are melted and clear (not cloudy) add your olive oil.
- Oils should be 110-125 degrees.
- Add the lye to your base oils and begin mixing with and stick blender or whisk.
- Once you have reached trace, add your colorant and fragrance and mix until fully blended.
- Pour the batter from the container and use the spatula to remove all batter from bowl.
- Using the back of a spoon, pull up the soap from the outer edges to form a peak in the center.
- Add your botanicals to the top.
WHERE TO FIND YOUR INGREDIENTS
This recipe was used at:
Pinner's CA '22
Pinner's TX '22